Installing maps received on CD / DVD (Android)
This page explains how to install maps received on CD or DVD. If you received your maps on memory card there is nothing to do. If you received your maps as a download then there is a separate page of instructions - see related pages at the foot of this page.
If not already done so, please install the ViewRanger app from the 'Play Store'.
To install maps from CD or DVD copy them into the ViewRanger maps folder. The location of the ViewRanger maps folder can be found in the app using Menu tab (3 dots), Settings, Storage, Maps folder. For more help with storage, see related page at the foot of this page.
- Connect the phone to the computer, using a USB cable.
- On the computer open the File Browser (ie.: Windows Explorer, File Manager "Finder" on a Mac)- double click on the name of your phone in the list shown.
- Look for the ViewRanger maps folder on your device.
- Put the CD or DVD into the computer's drive. Open a new File Browser, and navigate to the CD/DVD. The maps are usually in a folder named Maps. This folder may be split into further folders - for example there may be more than one region.
- Copy the map files from the CD/DVD into the ViewRanger maps folder.
There are two ways to do this:
- Either 1.) copy or 2.) drag and drop the files/folders from the CD/DVD, browse to the SD/Memory card / internal disk via the File Browser, double click on the ViewRanger folder to open it, Paste the copied files here.
- Disconnect your device from the computer. If ViewRanger was running then exit, using the back key. Start the ViewRanger App and it will find the maps.
Try restarting your device if the maps are not showing.